Boost employee engagement…
“Increase employee engagement…”
Is much easier to say than achieve…
Because a truly ‘engaged’ employee is somebody who ‘goes the extra mile’ and cares passionately about the job they do for your business.
Not someone who just ‘shows up on time and expects to be paid’.
To feel engaged, your employees must believe that they ‘belong’ in your organisation – something that can only happen when there is a deep sense of trust between them and you.
They should ‘identify themselves’ with contributing to the uniqueness that separates your company from its competition.
And the first stage in achieving this is to communicate a clear vision and mission to them – that they identify with and genuinely believe in.
But what does this mean that you need to do?
CIPD research has concluded that the main factors of employee engagement are:
1. having opportunities to feed your views upwards
2. feeling well-informed about what is happening in the organisation
3. Believing that your manager is committed to your organisation.
And the Institute of Employment Studies (IES) concluded from their research that to be engaged is to have a sense of ‘feeling valued and involved’.
The feeling of being engaged typically comes about through ;
1. Involvement in decision-making.
2. Having freedom to voice ideas, to which managers listen
3. Feeling enabled to perform well
4. Having opportunities to ‘develop the job’
5. Believing the organisation is concerned for their health and well-being.
And these things can all be measured with employee surveys prior to putting action plans in place to achieve improvement.
Employee surveys can be achieved and the results quickly analysed, thanks to the fact that all your employees have their own smartphones and an easy to use questionnaire can be quickly set-up online.
Continuous improvement programmes, which put employees at their core, have been found time and again to be an essential element in developing true employee engagement.
And we would love to help you implement a ‘low cost’ continuous improvement programme to unleash the power of your people.
By simply applying the first 20% of the techniques you’ll achieve 80% of the benefits such as…
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Increased sales
- Lower operating costs
- Increased margins
- Faster payments from customers
- Improved forecasting and planning
But first we need to listen to you and understand your situation…
So, please contact us and let’s get started.